Extra Info for Teachers/Group Leaders
Apply for your participants as a group for a greater chance at getting everyone admitted during the selection process. Also, please help them prepare for camp by practicing the repertoire together.
UPPER INTERMEDIATE ORCHESTRA is mainly for youth in junior high. The track suits those who are starting to become a bit more comfortable with their instrument. You are looking to evolve further and enjoy playing in an orchestra.
Age: ca 12–16 years
Instrument experience: 4–6 years
Orchestra experience: Good
Participation fee: 500 SEK/participant
The track starts on Saturday June 15 and ends with Festival Concert on Tuesday June 18 in the afternoon.
Participates in the following concerts:
Festival Concert – Tuseday June 18, Scandinavium
Participants should be well rehearsed on the sheet music at camp start
Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Alto saxophone, Alto horn, French horn, Trumpet/Cornet, Trombone, Tuba, Piano, Percussion, Violin 1, Violin 2, Violin 3/Viola, Cello, Double bass
Regular application period:
28 November 2023 – 24 January 2024
Admission notice will be emailed by 16 February 2024
Late application/Remaining slots:
25 January – 12 April 2024
Admission notice will be emailed by 19 April 2024
Better Your Chances of Getting a Slot
- Apply on time - the regular application period is 28 November–24 January. "First-come, first-served" does not apply and you have the entire period to apply, but don't wait any longer than that! Late application is only for remaining slots
- Apply in a group - you have a better chance of being accepted if you apply together with others who you play/sing with in, for example, your group at a school of the arts or music program
- Choose tracks by age - we recommend an age range for each track and although there are exceptions, you have the best chance of getting in if you follow the age recommendation
How to Apply
It is important that you read through our APPLICATION INFO before submitting your application. There you will find out more about how the application process works, what applies in case of cancellation, accommodation, and more. You can also get a better track overview in our track pyramid.
Both group applications and individual applications are welcome, but in the selection we prioritize groups. You can apply for up to 50 people per application. If you are applying for participants for different tracks, you must make one application per track. You must be at least 16 years old to apply on your own, otherwise an adult must make the application.
- Fill in contact information for the person responsible for the application. It is to that person that the acceptance notice is emailed.
- Fill in all information—all questions are at group level
- In the field Organization/Orchestra/Choir/Kulturskola, it is important that you use correct names. Please write the name of both your school of the arts and orchestra/ensemble if applicable.
- Enter the total number of playing participants that the application refers to, accompanying non-playing adults should not be filled in here
- Enter how many (if any) in the group are applying for accommodation, accompanying non-playing adults should be included
- Select orchestra track
- Enter the number of applicant participants per instrument
- Read your details carefully and submit the application
Read through our Application Info/FAQ before applying
Late application is possible as long as there are slots left or no later than April 12
If the application is open but you cannot find your instrument or part, that section is full
NB! The application is the same for both remaining slots and the waiting list
UPPER INTERMEDIATE ORCHESTRA
Klaus Badelt Pirates of the Caribbean (arr: Ted Ricketts)
Dmitri Shostakovich Waltz No. 2 from Suite for Variety Stage Orchestra (arr: Michael Brown)
Lin-Manuel Miranda How Far I’ll Go from Moana (arr. Henrik Torolphi)
To get the login information for the sheet music archive, sign up to our newsletter.
Ron Davis Alvarez
Ron started as one of El Sistema's violinists in his home country of Venezuela. Today, he is a household name in musical learning and travels around the world as a conductor and ambassador for El Sistema. In 2017 he was nominated for the prestigious Global Teacher Prize. Ron is the mastermind behind the Dream Orchestra project and one of Side by Side's artistic advisers. In 2020 he was awarded Göran Lagervalls pedagogstipendium by the Royal Swedish Academy of Music.