Extra Info for Teachers/Choir Leaders
Apply for your participants as a group for a greater chance at getting everyone admitted during the selection process. Also, please help them prepare for camp by practicing the repertoire together.
CHILDREN'S CHOIR is mainly for kids in elementary school. The participants have sung in a choir before and have encountered some sheet music. This choir suits you who wants to sing and have fun with others.
Age: ca 8–10 years
Choir experience: Some
Sheet music reading: Little to no knowledge
Participation fee: 500 SEK/participant
The track starts on Sunday June 16 after lunch and ends with Choirs in Concert on Wednesday June 19 around noon.
Participates in the following concerts:
Festival Concert – Tuseday June 18, Scandinavium
Choirs in Concert – Wednesday June 19, Concert Hall
Participants should be rehearsed on the sheet music at camp start.
Regular application period:
28 November 2023 – 24 January 2024
Admission notice will be emailed by 16 February 2024
Late application/Remaining slots:
25 January – 12 April 2024
Admission notice will be emailed by 19 April 2024
Better Your Chances of Getting a Slot
- Apply on time - the regular application period is 28 November–24 January. "First-come, first-served" does not apply and you have the entire period to apply, but don't wait any longer than that! Late application is only for remaining slots
- Apply in a group - you have a better chance of being accepted if you apply together with others who you play/sing with in, for example, your group at a school of the arts or music program
- Choose tracks by age - we recommend an age range for each track and although there are exceptions, you have the best chance of getting in if you follow the age recommendation
- Share the responsibility - childcare groups have a limited number of slots so we prefer that participants under 13 are accompanied by an adult (parent/teacher)
How to Apply
It is important that you read through our APPLICATION INFO before submitting your application. There you will find out more about how the application process works, what applies in case of cancellation, accommodation, and more. You can also get a better track overview in our track pyramid.
You can apply as an individual or make a group application, but groups are prioritized in the selection process. If you're applying for participants for different tracks, you must make one application per track. You must be at least 16 years old to apply on your own, otherwise an adult must make the application.
- Choose how many participants you want to apply for on the slider
- Under Person 1—first fill in contact information for the person responsible for the application. It is to that person that the acceptance notice is emailed.
- Also fill in information that is common to all participants in the application
- Then fill in information for the first singing participant under PARTICIPANT INFORMATION. More fields appear depending on which choir track is selected.
- Fill in the information for the rest of the participants as Person 2, Person 3…
- Read your details carefully and submit the application
Read through our Application Info/FAQ before applying
Late application is possible as long as there are slots left or no later than April 12
If the application is open but you cannot find your instrument or part, that section is full
NB! The application is the same for both remaining slots and the waiting list
Johanna Fridolfsson Utan musik (lyrics: Göteborg Opera Children’s Choir)
Helena Andersson Bromander Tro’re eller ej
Benjamin Britten Old Abram Brown from ’Tom Tiddler’s Ground’ by Walter de la Mare
Lin-Manuel Miranda How Far I’ll Go from Moana (arr. Henrik Torolphi)
Georg Riedel Vi är blommor (lyrics: Barbro Lindgren, arr. Tormod Tvete Vik)
Karl Jenkins No. 3 ‘Adiemus’ from Adiemus: Songs of Sanctuary
Coldplay Side by Side (Fix You) (Swedish lyrics: Malin Aghed, arr: Tormod Tvete Vik)
More pieces will be added
To get the login information for the sheet music archive, sign up to our newsletter.
Ida Rosén Hamrå
Ida has worked at GöteborgsOperan since 2009. She is musical director in the Creative department and conductor for the Opera's Children and Youth Choirs, which consists of three choirs with members aged 9–25. Ida is trained in viola and choral conducting at Ljungskile Folk High School, Uppsala University and the Academy of Music and Drama in Gothenburg.
Photo: Tilo Stengel